Milford Sound and Milford Track - Noticias de Viajes
Noticias de Viajes > Noticias de Nueva Zelanda - Noticias de Guias de Viaje - Guides
Situated on the west coast of the South Island (Fiordland), Milford Sound is a fusion of spectacular natural features with amazing visual cues around every corner.
Described by Rudyard Kipling as the 'eighth wonder of the world', Milford Sound was carved by glaciers during the ice ages. Milford Sound is breathtaking in any weather. The fiord's cliffs rise vertically from the dark waters, mountain peaks scrape the sky and waterfalls cascade downwards, some as high as 1000 metres. When it rains in Milford Sound, and it often does, those waterfalls multiply with magnificent effect.
Boat cruises – during the day or overnight – are an excellent way to experience the Sound. Adventurous types might also like to head out sea kayaking, diving or flightseeing. To learn more about the local marine life, visit the underwater observatory at Harrison Cove and marvel at the black coral, 11-legged sea stars and delicate anemones.
If you enjoy hiking or trekking, the Milford Track is for you. The track begins at the northern end of Lake Te Anau and winds its way through some of the world’s most vivid wilderness. Your journey ends with a boat trip from Sandfly Point to the Milford Sound wharf.
Many people visit the Sound on a day trip from Te Anau or Queenstown. The small village of Milford Sound also has limited places to stay so pre-booking is advised or choose from the many options in Te Anau or Manapouri. If you're hungry there's a café in the village, or you can enjoy food and drink onboard your boat cruise.
New Zealand's most famous walk, the Milford Track has been thrilling hikers for more than 150 years. The alpine and fiord scenery is as perfect as ever.
New Zealand’s most famous walk, the 53 kilometre journey begins at the head of Lake Te Anau, and leads you across suspension bridges, board walks and a mountain pass. The Milford Track will show you pristine lakes, sky-scraping mountain peaks and enormous valley views; and it will take you to feel the misty breath of Sutherland Falls, the tallest waterfall in New Zealand.
There are three public lodges on the track (run by the Department of Conservation, as outlined in the suggested itinerary above) as well as three private lodges, run by Ultimate Hikes. Camping is not permitted on the track. If you are hiking the walk independently, you will need to book in advance - bookings can be made online here. Bookings are essential from late October to late April.
If you want to do a Great Walk independently, you will need to book the DOC accommodation on the trails. The fee for this varies between each Great Walk. It is recommended that you book in advance for this popular walk.
Great Walk Fees & Bookings
For vehicle relocation and full independent hiking packages (including food and equipment), you can contact EasyHike.
Information proceeding from New Zealand Tourism Board:
Enviado por Oficinas-Turismo el Sabado, 28 Mayo de 2016 a las 02:37:07 (1457 Lecturas) Puntuación Promedio: 5 y 1 votos
• Más Acerca de Guias de Viaje - Guides
• Más Acerca de Nueva Zelanda
Noticia más leída sobre Guias de Viaje - Guides:
• MINI-GUÍA DE ISRAEL
• VISITANDO BREST.- FRANCIA
• Amberes: información para viajeros
• LA ROCHELLE: UNA CIUDAD POR DESCUBRIR
• GUÍA DE VIAJE A ARGELIA
Ultimo Guias de Viaje - Guides:
• Recorrido por la Jordania Bíblica
• 8 propuestas para una escapada de otoño a Suiza
• Explorando la Isla blanca de Brac - Dalmacia
• Rutas Naturales cerca de Tokio
• Ocho Destinos para disfrutar de un viaje Romántico a Japón
Noticia más leída sobre Nueva Zelanda:
• NUEVA ZELANDA -AOTEAROA- PAIS DE LA NUBE BLANCA
• VOLCAN TONGARIRO EN ERUPCIÓN -NUEVA ZELANDA
• Rarotonga, Islas Cook, en el TOP 13 de Destinos de Aventura
• Islas Cook, el auténtico paraíso es Polinesia
• Las Islas Cook enamoran a los viajeros
Ultimo Nueva Zelanda:
• App que Traduce a la Lengua Maorí
• Que ver en Islas Cook: uno de los Destinos más Hermosos del Mundo
• La Perla Negra de Manihiki - Tesoros de las Islas Cook
• Las Islas Cook enamoran a los viajeros
• Mangaia: la Isla más Antigua de las Cook
Votos del Artículo
Puntuación Promedio: 5
Por favor tómate un segundo y vota por este artículo: